“It’s never too late.”
As a specialist in financial law, Marco is ready to assist you in your dealings with your bank, as and when necessary. For example, he can advise you on any disagreements that may arise about the questions a bank is entitled (or obliged) to ask its customers in order to comply with its customer due diligence obligations under the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Prevention) Act and the Financial Supervision Act. He can also tell you all about the circumstances in which a bank is entitled to ‘blacklist’ a customer by adding its name to an internal reference register, incident register or external reference register, as well as about the circumstances in which a bank is entitled to withdraw a credit line. He also advises on the Dutch regulations on financial supervision.
Marco also regularly acts as a court-appointed insolvency practitioner. He takes a special interest in matters affecting translators and interpreters, assisting members of both professions in disputes about membership of the national register of certified interpreters and translators, the use of general terms and conditions, and matters involving professional liability.
- Eurojuris International
- Appeals Committee, Leiden Chess Association
- Chair of Leiden Chess Club
- Financial Law Association (VvFR)
- Association of Young Insolvency Lawyers (JIRA)
- Dutch Association for Comparative and International Insolvency Law (NVRII)
- Grotius Academy, specialist post-graduate course in finance and collateral
- DELE state examination in Spanish, level C1 (Salamanca, Spain)
- CILS state examination in Italian, level C1 (Siena, Italy)
- Master’s degree in civil law (Leiden University, passed with distinction)
- Italian private and insolvency law (one term spent in Siena, Italy)
- First year of degree in Italian language and culture (Leiden University)
Netherlands Bar Association register of fields of law
Marco Anink has registered the following principal (and secondary) legal practice areas in the Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas:
- Company law
- Financial law:
In accordance with the requirements laid down by the Netherlands Bar Association, he is obliged by virtue of this registration to obtain ten CPD points every calender year in each registered principal legal practice area.