Ever since embarking on his legal career in 2003, Harjo has specialised in company law and insolvency law in the broadest sense of the word. He has built up a track record in handling mergers & quarrels, finance packages, advising companies in difficulty, company restructuring and company restarts.
Harjo is regularly appointed by the court as a receiver or administrator. He is a member of INSOLAD, the Dutch association of insolvency lawyers. Harjo takes a particularly keen interest in the agri & food industry.
- Dutch Turnaround Association
- University degree in Dutch law - Leiden University
- CPO course in insolvency law for liquidators - Radboud University Nijmegen
- Grotius/INSOLAD course in insolvency law - Radboud University Nijmegen
- Financial Economics for Insolvency specialists – Erasmus University Rotterdam
Netherlands Bar Association register of fields of law
Harjo Bakker has registered the following principal (and secondary) legal practice areas in the Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas:
- Insolvency law:
Suspension of payments
- Company law:
Mergers and acquisitions
Clubs, associations and foundations
In accordance with the requirements laid down by the Netherlands Bar Association, he is obliged by virtue of this registration to obtain ten CPD points every calender year in each registered principal legal practice area.