Government bodies take decisions on all sorts of different matters, ranging from liability, physical planning and environmental protection to data protection, privacy and licensing regulations for hotels, restaurants, bars and major public events.

These are just some of the issues we can handle for you:

  • general administrative law, including the Government Information (Public Access) Act (Wet openbaarheid van bestuur), government grants and subsidies, compensation for losses caused by administrative acts, objections and appeals against government decisions;
  • environmental law, including physical planning, environmental protection, enforcement by the administrative authorities, licensing procedures, land-use plans, laws on nature conservation, losses resulting from government planning decisions, and the Municipalities (Preferential Rights) Act (Wet voorkeursrecht gemeenten).

What can we do for you?

Although, strictly speaking, you do not need to be represented by a lawyer in administrative proceedings (as is the case in civil proceedings), the fact is that administrative proceedings are highly technical and professional assistance is essential if you are to be successful.

Objection and appeal

We can represent you in all areas of administrative law, whether you wish to submit a formal notice of objection (bezwaarschrift) to a penalty imposed by your local council, or whether the council has rejected your application for an environmental permit enabling you to start construction work on a building and you wish to institute legal proceedings either in an ordinary court or before the Administrative Jurisdiction Division of the Council of State (Raad van State).


Consultancy is an important aspect of our work. Sound advice can often obviate the need for taking court action against a government body, whilst professional mediation is a good way of resolving a dispute with a government body by amicable means, i.e. without having to resort to the courts.

Time limits

Do make sure that you contact us in good time. Time is always of the essence in matters of administrative law, where deadlines are strict and final. If you disagree with a decision taken by a government body, you have six weeks in which to send a letter of objection or to lodge a notice of appeal (as the case may be). The sooner you get in touch with us, the quicker we can tell you whether you stand any chance of success.

Why should you contact our administrative law lawyers?

We have our own specialised Administrative Law Practice Group, whose vast knowledge and experience means that we know how best to take action against all sorts of government bodies. Do get in touch: we’d be only too pleased to help you resolve your dispute.

Our administrative law lawyers 
are ready for you! 

Button LinksButton Links

This could also be interesting for you