Statutory rights and duties between neighbours
You’re bound to have neighbours, wherever you live and irrespective of whether you’re a private or a commercial tenant or property owner. Among the problems that can arise are issues concerning:
- rights of way and rights of egress (exit) and access;
- views (i.e. clear or obstructed) over neighbouring properties;
- overhanging branches of trees standing in neighbouring properties;
- hedges, fences and trees;
- construction or demolition work carried out on a neighbouring property;
- obstruction of sunlight.
Why should you contact our real estate lawyers?
A conflict with your neighbours can easily lead to tense relations and in some cases to conflict. And a dispute with your neighbour is the last thing you want. After all, in the words of a well-known Dutch proverb, ‘a good neighbour is worth more than a distant friend’. So the first thing to do is to get together with your neighbour and try and find a solution that’s acceptable to both of you. If this doesn’t work, please get in touch with us. We’re highly experienced in resolving disputes between neighbours.
This could also be interesting for you
Get in touch
Do you have any questions or would you like to make an appointment? Get in touch with us, without any obligations.
- Haagweg 1492321 AA, Leiden