Thijs de Jong has been with RWV Advocaten since 2002. His main specialist field is employment law, in which he passed with distinction a postgraduate specialist course at the renowned Grotius Academy. He is also familiar with both public service law and international employment law.
Thijs also frequently takes on personal injury cases, helping victims of traffic, industrial and other types of accidents and medical errors to press liability claims. While driven by the need to find a solution to the problem in hand, he remains fully aware of its emotional impact: “My aim in all cases is to find the best possible solution for my client, and to combine a top-class legal service with pleasant and efficient communication.”
Drawing on his long experience as an amateur footballer, Thijs has found that teamwork, coaching and a constant determination to win have been big motivators in his professional career. His passion for all forms of sport has also led him to take an active interest in sports law, a field embracing a wide variety of legal disciplines.
- Dutch Employment Lawyers Association
- Candidate member of Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- The Hague Employment Lawyers Association
- Employment Law Association
- Dutch Association for Sport and Law
- Round Table 180
- University degree in Dutch law
- Postgraduate specialist course in employment law (Grotius Academy, passed with distinction)
- Postgraduate specialist course in personal injury (Grotius Academy, passed with distinction)
Netherlands Bar Association register of fields of law
Thijs de Jong has registered the following principal (and secondary) legal practice areas in the Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas:
- Employment law
- Personal injury law
In accordance with the requirements laid down by the Netherlands Bar Association, he is obliged by virtue of this registration to obtain ten CPD points every calender year in each registered principal legal practice area.