International family law

  • Are you and/or your partner non-Dutch nationals?
  • Were your children born abroad?
  • Do you live abroad?
  • Were you married abroad?

If so, you are likely to be subject to international family law. If you need to go to court for whatever reason, you will need to know which court has jurisdiction in your particular case and what the applicable law is.

International family law is not restricted to matters concerning international divorces, but may also involve international aspects of issues such as:

  • maintenance
  • parentage
  • surnames
  • authority over minors
  • child abduction
  • inheritances

What can we do for you?

We have the specialist expertise needed by expatriate employees faced with legal problems involving family law in the broadest sense of the word. We regularly advise staff employed by international organisations, but we can of course also help if you find yourself suddenly dealing with international family law for any other reasons.

Free, online legal consultation for expatriates 

Do you have a legal problem that you would like to discuss with a family lawyer? Why not sign up for our free, online legal consultation which we organise every last Tuesday of the month from 4-5 pm. 

You can put your questions to a family lawyer during the consultation. This takes the form of a 15-minute online meeting. If you decide at the end of this meeting that you need more time in which to discuss the matter, you can of course plan a second meeting (subject to the usual fee).  

Make an appointment for Free, online legal consultation for expatriates

Proud partner of:

© 2021 RWV